Tuesday, February 23, 2010

School Days

Did we ever notice that though the days seem long, years pass by quickly?
Just a few days back, looking at the school children playing, I remembered my school days.Those were the best years of my life. The time we enjoyed, studied, made friends.
Those were the days when
  • we used to prepare the bags, finish off the homework with great efforts the day before
  • summer vacations, diwali holidays were a reality and regular part of our lives
  • the homework during diwali was always started at the last moment and completed somehow just the day before school reopens
  • summer vacation meant a trip to my native place with my cousins.
  • by-hearting tables was a big time activity
  • we had a time table to follow the subjects to be studied during the day. Maths and Science were my favorites :)
  • we always had a welcome song in the annual gathering. I remember participating a number of times. Also I vividly remember my sis all dressed in yellow and was a mango in another song... those were the early school days
  • waking up early morning on a Saturday and having a PT session at the school was no big deal
  • we had a school bus to pick and drop home
  • we all played Holi on the way back home in the school bus during the festival.
  • Antakshari and Name Place Animal Thing were the most popular games
  • there was a ban on having cable TV and we used to watch DD1 and DD Metro. I remember waking up early to watch Rangoli on sunday mornings
  • there was always a class monitor
  • school picnic meant a visit to National park, Chotta Kashmir, the then Goldspot company, Vihar lake etc
  • we were asked to write an essay after almost every school picnic.
Life has moved on and so have we. But still I miss those days when life was so simple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post nirmal...keep up the good work!!!!my blessings are with you

Unknown said...

hey its really nice n sotrue.. those days will never come back... :)

Unknown said...

nice one but so true those times will never come back..